In order for students to enroll in Driver's Education they must meet the following requirements:
- A student must have passes 8 semester classes in the previous 2 semesters.
- A student must be 15 years old within the first nine quarter of school. Preference will be given to the older students for enrollment in the offered classes.
- This course consists of 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind-the-wheel instruction. Students must have at least 60 average in the classroom portion before they will be allowed to begin the behind-the-wheel instruction.
- During the classroom portion only a student will be allowed a maximum of 4 absences (excused or unexcused). On the 5th absence the student will be dropped from the class and will go to physical education.
Classroom instruction will include:
- The Illinois Rules of the Road booklet
- Drive Right text book
This free online service will help your students prepare for the driver knowledge test and become safe drivers.